Get rid of cockroaches in no time at all with these useful tricks!
- Keep your house clean: This might seem like an obvious one, but it’s important to keep a clean house if you want to get rid of roaches or avoid getting them at all. They love food and dirt, which is why you should clean up straight away after meals and take out the trash regularly.
- Use hairspray: A bottle of hairspray can go a long way. If you spray the roaches with the hairspray, they won’t be able to move their legs and wings anymore, since they will stick together. They will slowly suffocate and die. If you find this too cruel, you could still use the spray and then squash the roach once it’s immobile.
- Leave our bay leaves: Roaches detest the smell of bay leaves. Crumble up some bay leaves and then scatter them around your house. If you know where the roaches have their nest, sprinkle bay leaves around there. They will most likely up and leave to find a new home without a bay leaf smell.
- Clean with ammonia: This smell is a bit less pleasant, perhaps, so you might want to try the other tricks first. If you don’t mind the smell, however, you could try cleaning your countertops with ammonia. Mix two cups of ammonia with a bucket of water and use that as a cleaning solution. The roaches will hate it.
- Make sticky tape traps: It’s very simple, but also very effective. Buy some sticky tape of good quality, like duct tape. Put pieces of the tape around the house with the sticky side up. Place them near openings the roaches use to enter the house (cracks, floorboards). Since cockroaches come out at night, it’s best to do this before you go to bed.